Home insurance

It is important to remember your rent payment does not include any cost for insurance of your personal belongings, furniture, carpets, or household goods. You should consider taking out home contents insurance.

Home contents insurance

Replacing the contents of your home could prove very expensive. Buying Tenant's Content Insurance means your personal belongings are insured against events including:

  • fire
  • theft
  • water damage

You can also add accidental damage cover as an optional extra.

Salix Homes work with the UK’s largest insurer to offer home contents insurance that can be paid in installments either:

  • weekly
  • fortnightly
  • monthly

There are no excesses so you will not have to pay anything in the event of a claim.

How to apply

Using a laptop or desktop PC

Use the PDF application form. You’ll need to answer the first two questions for the rest of the form to load.

Mobile and tablet devices

Call 0800 218 2000 so we can help you with your application. 

Home contents insurance through the Salix Homes scheme could cost you as little as £2.02 per week*.

  • no excess - nothing to pay when you make a claim
  • contents replaced as new (except for clothing and household linen)
  • includes cover for goods rented from weekly payment stores
  • insurance underwritten by Aviva

Get covered

*£2.02 per week is based on £9,000 of standard contents cover. £1.34 per week for people 60 and over is based on £6,000 worth of standard contents cover. Quote is subject to eligibility criteria. Premiums quoted include insurance premium tax (IPT) at the appropriate rate.


  • Download

    Home contents insurance application form

    PDF document, 652KB