Universal Credit

Universal Credit (UC) is a single monthly payment for people out of work or in work on a low income.

UC includes money for rent and housing costs paid directly to you.

You are responsible for paying us all the rent for your home.

We can help you apply

If you’re a Salix Homes tenant call us on 0800 218 2000.

Our team will:

  • help you apply for UC
  • make sure you apply for the right benefits
  • support you if there’s a problem

Want to do it yourself?

Before you start

Get an idea of what you may be entitled to first using a benefits calculator.

Then watch this video. It explains the whole process in detail.

You need to apply on the .gov website.

To start a UC claim you’ll need:

  • an email address
  • a mobile phone number
  • a bank, building society or credit union account

Try and find these things before you start:

  • photo ID
  • your tenancy agreement
  • your latest payslip
  • your family’s details