SignVideo Translate

UC Help Hub

Welcome to our Help Hub, where Salix Homes customers can find help and support with Universal Credit as well as hints and tips.

Universal Credit is a single monthly payment for people in or out of work on low income. It will replace six benefits. Universal Credit includes rent and housing costs that will be paid directly to you, so you are now responsible for paying full rent. 

This change was made on Thursday, 26 September 2018.

To make a claim you will need:

  • Access to a computer and internet
  • Claims for UC can only be made online
  • An email address to register and receive updates about your claim
  • Verification of who you are and where you live
  • Bank account for you to receive your monthly payments
  • Details of your household members. You will need to know their dates of birth

Making a claim is as easy as 1,2,3

We’re here to help

If you need further support or would like to talk to someone direct, please get in touch with your Dedicated Universal Credit advisor, Kate Woolfenden on 0800 218 2000
Kate can help with; advice and support about Universal Credit, paying rent and Setting up a Direct Debit or Reoccurring Payment so your home is not at risk.

Watch this video to find out more about Universal Credit

 Plan – find out how to get prepared


Start your universal credit journey