The Green Doctor
Free, impartial advice to help take control of your bills and save energy.
We’ve joined forces with the Green Doctor service to help our residents stay warm, stay well and save money on household bills.
All Salix Homes tenants can request a free home visit from a Green Doctor, who are trained energy efficiency experts, or we can refer our tenants directly.
The Green Doctor offers free, impartial advice to help you take control of your bills, save energy where possible in the home, and access other services and initiatives available.
They can provide different kinds of support, whether it’s advice on paying off debt with energy or water companies, identifying energy efficiency improvements in the home or spotting other concerns for a referral to other services.
Some of the reasons people contact the Green Doctor are:
- Struggling to pay energy bills
- Finding it hard to manage fuel debt
- Worrying about keeping warm or choosing between eating and heating
- Respiratory problems such as asthma or a persistent cough
Here are just a few of the free services you can get when you sign up for a Green Doctor consultation:
- Fixing causes of heat loss in your home
- Useful tips for saving energy and water whilst ensuring your home stays safe and comfortable
- Installing small energy and water efficiency measures, such as draft excluders
- Help with accessing other support, such as emergency heating, government subsidies or grants, and advice on energy or water debt
- Support with speaking to your energy providers to check that they have your up-to-date contact details