Savings and affordable loans for local people.
Credit unions are financial organisations owned by their members. They use the money made from giving loans to improve services and reward members.
You can save what you want, when you want.
You’ll usually need to save regularly for a certain amount of time before you can take out a loan from them.
A credit union can help if you’re having difficulty opening an account with a bank or building society.
Why join a credit union?
- access affordable loans once you’ve been saving
- loans can usually be repaid weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- get access to smaller loans of less than £1,000, which many banks do not offer
- no hidden charges and no early repayment fees
- loan protection insurance
- money saved within the credit union by its members stays within the local community