Universal Credit

The single monthly benefit payment for people out of work, or working on a low income.

Universal Credit (UC) replaces a number of different separate benefits and tax credit payments.

The monthly payment includes money for rent and housing costs and is paid directly to you. You are responsible for paying us the rent for your home.

How to apply

Before you start, you can get an idea of what you may be entitled to claim using a benefits calculator.

You need to apply on the .gov website.

To start a UC claim you’ll need:

  • an email address
  • a mobile phone number
  • a bank, building society or credit union account

It will help if you can try and find these things before you start:

  • identification – such as a passport, driving licence, credit or debit card, or a payslip
  • your tenancy agreement details
  • your latest payslip
  • your family’s details

Full details are on the government’s Universal Credit website at www.gov.uk/universal-credit.

We can help you apply

Our team can help Salix Homes tenants apply for UC and make sure you apply for the right benefits. We can also guide you if you’re having any difficulties.

Contact us on 0800 218 2000 if you’d like some help.

Get started

Visit the government's Universal Credit web pages for information or to apply.

Find out more
How we can help you

How we can help you

An extra helping hand to our customers and local communities

How we can help you
Get involved

Get involved

We want to hear what you’ve got to say – help us make services we can all be proud of

Get involved
About us

About us

Who we are and what we do at Salix Homes

About us