High-rise home safety checks
We have a specialist team who carry out safety checks with individual customers who live in our high-rise buildings. This is to make sure all the possible safety precautions are in place in your home and that they work for you.
Door safety checks
We regularly contact our customers to ask them to check the entrance door to their flat.
The check doesn’t need any special technical knowledge or tools, and takes less than 10 minutes to complete.
Home safety check visits
When we contact you to arrange a safety check visit, it’s really important you book this in with us.
The visit only takes around half an hour, and allows us to check all the safety aspects of your home such as:
- testing smoke and heat detectors
- checking your windows and front door
- checking any ventilation systems and that they’re clean
- a visual inspection of electrical sockets and switches
If anything needs attention or a repair, we’ll make arrangements with you to put it right.
While we’re visiting, we’ll also:
- make sure the contact details we have for you are up to date
- check the details of who is living in your property are correct
- check everyone in your home is able to evacuate the building in case of an emergency
- make sure you understand the evacuation procedure for your building
- give you general fire safety information specific to your home
- give you the chance to ask any questions or raise any issues
Meet our safety team
If you live in one of our high-rise blocks, our property safety officers will be familiar faces around your home.