SignVideo Translate

Working in central functions and customer services

Central functions are what we call our back-office roles.

Colleagues in central functions often come to us from non-housing backgrounds. We benefit from the new perspectives they bring.

Where you fit in

Central functions are made up of:

  • IT
  • marketing
  • HR
  • facilities
  • customer services

What our colleagues think about working here

Why not work for us?

With great financial and lifestyle benefits, we’re sure you’d enjoy working for us too.

Take a closer look

Generous company pension scheme

We’ll put in 1.5× of our employees' contribution amount.

For example, if they put in 6%, we put in 9% for a total of 15%.

Life assurance

Employees can nominate someone to receive 3× their annual salary if they die while employed by us.

Generous holiday allowance

Our employees get at least 26 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 33 days with length of service.

Employees who work flexi-time can also get up to 13 flexi days a year.

Christmas closedown

We close over the Christmas period, so employees who are not providing emergency cover can enjoy a well-earned break.

Flexible working

Depending on their role in the business, Salix employees can:

  • work flexi-time

  • work part-time

  • job share

  • work from home

  • dress for their day

Family-friendly policies

We give our employees:

  • paid time off for dependents

  • enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave

  • paid time off for those difficult times in life

Reward and recognition

We like to recognise our employees who make a difference through:

  • annual staff awards

  • manager perks and financial rewards

  • our online Be Salix recognition platform

Employee development

We want to develop our people and have career and personal development opportunities available to our employees:

  • coaching

  • sponsored study

  • accredited professional development

  • apprenticeship opportunities

Health cash plan

Healthshield to provide a health cash plan for all Salix Homes employees.  

The scheme helps with the cost of health care such as: 

  • dental check-ups
  • fillings
  • physiotherapy
  • eye tests
  • prescription glasses

Healthshield Perks

Get access to over 4,000 exclusive member offers available to employees and their families.

Cycle to work scheme

Riding to work is a great way of getting and keeping fit. It’s good for the environment too.

Our Ride to Work scheme, provided by Evans Cycles is a great way of buying a bike at a discount and paying for it over a year.

Discount car leasing scheme

Employees can lease a brand new, fully maintained and insured car from Tuskers. 

There’s no deposit to pay, or any credit checks. 

Everything is included in one monthly payment, just add fuel!

Discount gym membership

We have a special deal with Salford City Council that lets our employees use their gyms at a discount. 

Our Healthshield Perks also gives discounts on joining other gyms too.

Counselling

All our employees have access to confidential counselling through the University of Salford.