Working in environments

Our environments teams help to keep our tenants happy by keeping the place tidy.

It’s not just about emptying bins, the team also:

  • are caretakers of our blocks of flats
  • look after the gardens around the flats
  • do groundwork activities
  • clear out empty houses
  • get rid of fly-tipping

What’ it like working for us?

Why not work for us?

With great financial and lifestyle benefits, we’re sure you’d enjoy it.

Take a closer look​

Generous company pension scheme

We’ll put in 1.5× of our employees' contribution amount.

For example, if they put in 6%, we put in 9% for a total of 15%.

Life assurance

Employees can nominate someone to receive 3× their annual salary if they die while employed by us.

Generous holiday allowance

Our employees get at least 26 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 33 days with length of service.

Christmas closedown

We close over the Christmas period, so employees who are not providing emergency cover can enjoy a well-earned break.

Family-friendly policies

We give our employees:

  • paid time off for dependents

  • enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity leave

  • paid time off for those difficult times in life

Reward and recognition

We like to recognise our employees who make a difference through:

  • annual staff awards

  • manager perks and financial rewards

  • our online Be Salix recognition platform

Employee development

We want to develop our people and have career and personal development opportunities available to our employees:

  • coaching

  • sponsored study

  • accredited professional development

  • apprenticeship opportunities

Health cash plan

Healthshield to provide a health cash plan for all Salix Homes employees.  

The scheme helps with the cost of health care such as: 

  • dental check-ups
  • fillings
  • physiotherapy
  • eye tests
  • prescription glasses

Healthshield Perks

Get access to over 4,000 exclusive member offers available to employees and their families.

Cycle to work scheme

Riding to work is a great way of getting and keeping fit. It’s good for the environment too.

Our Ride to Work scheme, provided by Evans Cycles is a great way of buying a bike at a discount and paying for it over a year.

Discount car leasing scheme

Employees can lease a brand new, fully maintained and insured car from Tuskers. 

There’s no deposit to pay, or any credit checks. 

Everything is included in one monthly payment, just add fuel!

Discount gym membership

We have a special deal with Salford City Council that lets our employees use their gyms at a discount. 

Our Healthshield Perks also gives discounts on joining other gyms too.


All our employees have access to confidential counselling through the University of Salford.