Below are full lists of repairing responsibilities for your home.
- Baths – unless installed by you
- Blocked drain – we will recharge if the blockage is down to misuse
- Blocked waste to bath, basin, sink, toilet and shower – providing you have made an initial attempt to clear it yourself
- Central heating pipes, radiators, timer and thermostat
- Chimney stacks and pots
- Communal areas in flats
- Damp proof course
- Door entry systems
- Door locks, if broken – if you lose your keys, this is your responsibility
- Doors, internal and external
- Downpipes, rain and soil stacks
- Electric wiring, sockets and switches
- Exterior and rendering
- Garages or outbuildings – if owned by Salix Homes
- Gulley, surrounds, grids and grates
- Immersion heaters
- Kitchen cupboards
- Kitchen fittings and worktops
- Lighting pendants
- Overflow pipes
- Painting – outside
- Roof tiles and slates
- Sink base units
- Smoke detectors
- Wash basins
- Water heating supply
- Water supply – unless it is United Utilities’ responsibility
- Window frames and furniture
- Driveways – unless provided by Salix Homes
- Electric heaters – unless provided by Salix Homes
- Electric plugs and fuses
- Electrical appliances, i.e. kettle, oven
- Fencing and gates
- Gas fire – unless provided by Salix Homes
- Floor finishing, i.e. carpets, tiles etc.
- Garden clearance and maintenance
- Glazing – rechargeable if due to vandalism or damage by members of the household or visitors. A police crime reference number should be provided to avoid being recharged.
- Key replacement
- Light bulbs – unless in a communal area
- Locks and ironmongery
- Maintaining washing machines, dishwashers, tumble dryers and associated plumbing
- Paths to communal areas or front and back doors
- Paths to garden
- Pest control services such as rats, rodents, wasps, squirrels or any other animals (Salford Council provide this service for a fee)
- Plugs and chains to baths and sinks
- Small cracks in plaster (which can be resolved with filler)
- Tenant alterations and improvements
- Toilet seats
- TV aerials – unless communal
- Waste plugs and chains to baths and sinks
We have a zero-tolerance approach to damp and mould and are committed to resolving any issues of this nature as quickly as possible. Please report to us any signs of damp and mould as soon as you spot them.
Once we receive the report our dedicated team will be in touch as quickly as possible on the next working day and no later than two working days to arrange mould treatment or an in person inspection. We will also check with you if you have any signs of damp and mould when visiting you at your home or when speaking to our customer service centre.
What repairs do I have to pay for?
We operate a Rechargeable Repairs policy meaning if you would like us to undertake a repair in the situations below, we will provide you with a price for completing the repair and ask for a deposit as a minimum.
Rechargeable Repairs include (but are not limited to):
- Changing your locks to provide you with replacement keys including when lost or stolen
- Repairs that are needed due to damage caused by you, a household member or a visitor to your home or where forced
- entry is required by emergency services
- Repairs due to alterations made by you with or without our permission
- Where we have to clear your home after you leave as you have not removed possessions or have left behind rubbish or other items.